Saturday, March 30, 2013

I am in His will, right?

Ok... it has been more than a minute since my last post so I first want to say, MY BAD Y'ALL.  Second, I want to say it's good to be back.  Ok, here we go...

So, I have a friend who is very wealthy and he has a 14-year-old son.  He has decided to give that son's his inheritance that is in his will, now.  It will be in the tune of about four million dollars.  And here's the kicker, he is ensuring that the son will not be hindered in spending the money in whatever way he wants.  So, those of you who know me, my immediate response was, "are you smoking crack or something?"  Well, I didn't ask him that, but I did have some issues with his decision.  I mean, what 14-year-old boy do you know can handle that kind of money.  He didn't really work for it.  He doesn't know what it takes to earn it... the pain, the struggle, the hard work.  Those are the things that make a person appreciate what he has once he has earned.  How in the world could he even think to give a 14 year old boy that kind of money?  (I know I sound like a hater but stick around, I'll make my point in a minute.)

So, I called my friend up and said I really need to talk to you about this.  On my way to talk to my friend, I began to reflect on some things.  You know, we have a Father who has promised us an inheritance that is more valuable than money.  I gotta be honest, I want my inheritance... and I mean I want it like yesterday.  Then, my friend's situation came to mind...

Am I mature enough to handle what all God really wants to give me?  Am I the 2013 version of the prodigal son?  But wait a minute, I am child of God, right?  And that makes me an heir right? In fact, I am joint heir.  That IS what the word says right?  Oh but wait, am I really an heir or even a joint heir?  Look what it says...

Romans 8:17 - And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Hmmmm, isn't that what I said to my boy about giving his son his inheritance.  To me, I felt his son did not deserve his money because he didn't work for it, he didn't go through anything to earn it, he hasn't struggled...

Ummm, I think I may need to watch what I am saying because if I was to be perfectly honest, I would have to ask myself if I have really EARNED or gone through what it takes to be privy to my inheritance.  Yes, I am saved and yes I love God... A LOT.  But have I sacrificed my own agendas for His agenda in everything?  Have I died to my own selfish desires so that His kingdom can get the glory?  Or have I marketed my own self and stuff for the applause of man instead of for the applause of One?  You know what, I think I may need to cancel my "meeting" with my friend because on the real, I shouldn't EVEN be talking.

Question:  Would you be privy to your godly inheritance, right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment