Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jesus,.. a good husband and father? Yeah, right!

Ok... So it has been a minute since my last post.  So I am going to give you two today.  Here's the first.

I used to hate it when preachers would say, "if you want to know how to be a good husband or father, just look at Jesus as the best example."   WHAT?!?!  I don't know what Sunday school class he was in or what college he went to, but Jesus wasn't never married and he never had no kids... biologically that is.  I understand the whole phenom of Jesus and God being One but Jesus ain't never dealt with an attitudinal teenager.  He ain't never dealt with a precious little girl who is so tender that you can't yell at her or she will get crushed but at the same time, you have to discipline her.  He ain't never dealt with no woman with an attitude, who can roll her neck and put her hands on her hips with the best of them.  At least, not that I can remember.  If anybody knows a different history, please hit me up.   How you gonna tell me to look at Jesus as my example when that dude ain't never been in my situation, let alone any of my partner's situations.  I know some dudes whose wives and kids are really out there... I mean out there.  So, needless to say, until recently, any preacher or person of influence that spoke that junk... I thought it was just that... JUNK!!! 

Well, now that I'm a little older and wider, I mean wiser, I come to realize that what they were saying was not necessarily junk, I will just say that they did not really put it in a way that was useful.  (You like that right?)  Let's look at the qualities of Jesus.  He was strong and had much backbone.   He would verbally go toe-to-toe with anybody to protect and defend his family and friends.  He didn't care who they were.  He was probably one of the most compassionate dudes to ever live yet he was never a punk.  He was the most humble dude to ever live yet was not a pushover.  And He sacrificed everything for the people He loved (you and me) yet still gained everything.  Now, I don't know about you but those are some really good qualities to emulate... ESPECIALLY if you are husband and or a father. 
So you know what preacher, you were right.  Jesus is a great example to follow.  Thanks for planting that seed in me. 

By the way, these qualities are probably good for you wives and mothers too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment